Hello and welcome back to my blog! How was everyone’s weekend?
Today, I’m here with a wrap-up of my month! I will talk about what I’ve been up to, the books I’ve been reading, and any updates in my life. Let’s get right into it!
Books I Read
The Time Machine by H.G. Wells – This is one I read for school, and it wasn’t my favorite, but it wasn’t the worst either. Just not my favorite genre in general, so I didn’t care for the story very much.
A Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Thérèse of Lisieux by St. Thèrése of Lisieux – This was an amazing read. I had heard this book talked about a lot and decided to finally get to it. Saint Thérèse is a saint I admire greatly, so it was very lovely to read the words that she herself wrote. I would really recommend it to anyone!
Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss by Kasie West – This one was pretty good. If you’ve been around this blog for a while, you probably have read that I love Kasie West’s books because they are sweet contemporary romance books, but are also very clean. This one wasn’t my favorite book of hers, but I still loved it a lot.
I am also currently reading Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson, which I think I will finish before the month is over. I am enjoying it a lot so far, and haven’t really been able to put it down since I started it. 😄
I barely got any writing done this month, so there’s not much to update y’all on. I wrote a bit in each book, but just not a lot.
I finished a few projects this month. One was a flower pot I made for my mom for Mother’s Day! (Photo below.) I also got some more crochet books, so I’ll be picking out some patterns from those to make soon!
Blog Posts on Books and Hooks
I took a Blogging break through most of this month, so only two posts were published in May.
Reviewing May’s Goals
Continue being consistent with keyboard playing – I feel like I was good about this! I have been practicing quite a bit, but still more at the beginning of the month.
Write every day – No, not at all, lol.
Start running/biking again – I didn’t get around to this this month.
Work on my schedule – I did a bit! I’ve been waking up a bit earlier, and focusing on finishing my school earlier.
Read at least six books – Nope, just three. (Maybe four by the end of the month.)
Goals for June
- Stay hydrated.
- Focus on only writing my fantasy book.
- Hit 200 followers on this blog!
- Start running/biking/walking again, and enjoying nature more.
- Make bread at least once a week.
- Post at least once on my other blog.
Photos from May
What Happened in May?
- May was quite busy, it seemed, yet I don’t know what quite contributed to this feeling of business.
- There was a lot of driving around, from soccer, our homeschool group, and shopping.
- Spring has begun transitioning into summer, it feels, with its 80-degree weather. I’m so excited for the summer, which is my favorite season! 😁
- With spring/summer comes gardening, and my family has a fairly sizeable strawberry patch which has been producing a lot this month. So, of course, there was picking strawberries, and processing them for baking and other such things.
- Besides these, I also went to a festival-type thing with friends, and have been visiting family here.
Okay, that’s all for today’s post! How was your May? What do you have planned for June? I’d love to hear from you in the comments! I hope you all have a lovely week; I will be back next Monday. Bye until then!