Hello everybody! Welcome to today’s post, a review for the month of January! I hope that y’all had an amazing start to the year. I just can’t believe that we’re already a month into 2023!
Books I Read
Animal Farm by George Orwell. This was a book I had been assigned to read for my English class, and I found it quite interesting. Although it is written about animals, it was easy to understand that the author was portraying what happens at times in the human world. It had lots of political symbolism and meaning in it, without being daunting or boring in any way.
Little Women by Luisa May Alcott. I read this book several years ago, and I didn’t think about it much at the time. I remembered it being pretty good, yet I didn’t appreciate this amazing piece of literature as much as it deserved. After rereading it, I admire it very much. I love the sisters, the story, everything…it’s just such a good book. I think that it definitely makes it into one of the top spots in my favorite classic books!
The Woman with the Blue Star by Pam Jenoff. My sister and I both listened to this book, and I really liked it. It was very good. Not super amazing, but it was a good, solid read. The ending was quite bittersweet as well.
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson. After much nagging by my sister, I am now continuing this series. I liked this book quite a bit, although I got very annoyed at the different characters throughout the book, and it was a very crazy read! Such a cliffhanger, too! I will be continuing the series, and reading the final book soon!
I did not crochet a lot this month. Just a few smaller projects, like a mini octopus and a little bear that is almost finished. I do plan to release a pattern in February, so keep an eye out for that!
Blog Posts on Books and Hooks
I did not get much posted this month, but oh well! I’m back to my once-a-week posting schedule now.
New Year Q&A: Answering Y’all’s Questions!
Reviewing January’s Goals
- Get into a new running routine. I sort of did, but still working on it.
- Post weekly on both of my blogs. I did not accomplish this goal. I only posted on here twice, and I made one post on my other blog. (If you’d like to check that out, click here! 😊)
- Create a new schedule. I did. If I followed it is another story…😄
- Drink eight cups of water a day. Just about! Not every single day, but I made a lot of effort throughout the month.
- Write every day. Again, just about! There were a few days that I did not get around to it, but overall, I was pretty successful!
- Get new glasses. I did! I am so thankful that I have these new glasses because I now realize how much my prescription has changed. Things are so much clearer with my new glasses!
- Go through my clothes and get rid of stuff. Nope. I kept putting it off, and somehow January slipped by. This one will go on to February’s list of to-do’s!
- Read a classic. Yes!
- Journal every day. This one, I did not accomplish, but I will say that I was more consistent than before.
Goals for February
- Go through clothes and get rid of stuff.
- Keep consistent with running, and run at least 20 miles.
- Start biking again.
- Start making a playlist for my book.
- Read at least four books.
- Post at least once on my other blog.
- Post once a week on here.
Pictures from January
Not many pictures from January.
Important Events/things that Happened in January
- In January, it was just a lot of getting back into the routine of things after the holidays, and getting into the new year!
- I started running again!
- I am also beginning to write a book! I technically started it in December, but only got a few pages written before 2023 came around. I wrote a lot more this month, and am really enjoying getting to know my characters!
- I honestly don’t remember anything huge happening…it was a pretty chill month.
Thank you all for reading this post! How did your January go? What do you have coming up in February? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
I hope you have an amazing week! I will see all of you back next Monday. Bye until then!