Hello, y’all! I’m back!! How’s everyone doing?
July’s monthly wrap-up is quite a bit late because I was on a trip visiting family and I decided to take a short blogging break while I was there. Now, I’m getting caught up and doing my monthly wrap-up!
Check out this post, where I asked y’all to ask me questions, and I’ll answer them sometime next week!
Books I Read:
Wait For Me by Caroline Leech was the first book I finished this month. It was a pretty good historical fiction novel. My sister had recommended it to me after she finished it, and I enjoyed it as much as her. It’s a historical fiction book set during World War Two. Some historical fiction that I’ve read has been quite action-packed, with lots of stuff going on. This book, however, wasn’t. It was slower, but not boring. I rated it 4.5 out of 5 stars!
Waking Rose: A Fairytale Retold by Regina Doman is the only other book I read in July. Regina Doman writes amazing books. I have read two of her previous books in the fairytale retold series, The Shadow of the Bear and Black as Night. They are all good books for Catholic teens especially because Doman incorporated a lot of Catholicism into these books. It was a 5/5!
I wrote a good amount in “Old Hopes and New Beginnings” my contemporary novel, though not as much as I would have wanted. I was hoping to finish the book this month, but it feels like I’m not even very close. I am at a little over 57,000 words, and I was aiming for 60,000 words for the first draft, but I am pretty sure it’s going to be longer than that.
Not a lot of crochet, but I did finish a crochet top which I am really excited about! I have pics down below!
I got a lot of running done, though!! I am so proud of my running last month! I followed my 10k training plan, and I ran seven miles as well! When I started running a few years back, I couldn’t even run a whole mile without stopping. I never would have imagined going seven miles. But, here I am!
My One Year Blogiversary 🥳// Comment Some Assumptions // Blog Redesign
The Music Loving Writer’s Tag (Original)
Reacting to and Answering Your Assumptions About Me
Taking a Short Break + Ask Me Some Questions
Reviewing my July goals
- Exercise every day I think I did! At least most days. There was one day where we went to the store, and I didn’t get to exercise, but we did walk around quite a bit, so I guess that sort of counts. I think I did pretty good with this one!
- Get caught up (at least a little bit) on tags, awards, and nominations on my blog Uhhh…not really 😅
- Write for 20 minutes each day Nope, but I did end up writing pretty consistently!
- Make a schedule I did! I made a morning schedule, because I felt like I needed to be more organized!
- Hydrate more, because it’s getting super hot Yes! I am working more on that! It had definitely been very hot here, so hydration is important!
- Do a 10k run Yup! Like I said earlier, I followed and completed my 10k training program!
- Post a book review No, I didn’t.
- Take more walks, and enjoy nature I feel like I really did this in July more! I tried to get outside, and take more walks and bike rides this month!
Important events in July
- In July, I didn’t have a lot going on. There was a lot of time with family, walks and runs, and finishing up my schoolwork for the year.
Pictures from July
Thank you for reading! I hope everyone is having a good start to their week! What’s been going on in your life lately? What posts would you like to see in the future on my blog? I’d love to chat in the comments! I hope that you have an amazing day, and a good week! I’ll be posting on Thursday (probably an August monthly wrap-up). Bye! 💕