Hello everybody and happy 2023, nine days late! I am so amazed that we are already more than a week into the new year. It seems like 2022 went by in a blur, and now, we’re stepping into 2023. My 2022 was pretty good, and in today’s post, I’ll be looking back over 2022, reviewing my goals, looking up at 2023, and sharing my new year’s goals!
I made a few goals at the end of 2021, and I’ll go over them now, reviewing which ones I completed and which ones I didn’t do so well on. Honestly, I half forgot about these goals and didn’t follow them throughout the year a lot.
~ Blogging-related ~
• Get 100 followers.
Yes! Thank you, guys! My current total following count is 175 followers. I cannot believe that I made it this far, but I know that I wouldn’t be here without y’all. I am so happy to be here!
• Plan and schedule more posts.
I guess. I think that I did write more posts in advance this year.
• Do a few collabs.
I did, and they were so fun! You can check them out here.
• Have fun blogging!
Yes, I am! This year has been my third year of blogging, and it was very fun. I love blogging: sharing about the things I love, interacting with other bloggers, and reading other’s posts!
~ Writing-related ~
• Finish the first draft of my contemporary novel.
No. I just kind of scrapped that book, because I realized the lack of a plot. I might pick it up again, but probably not. I didn’t plan the novel much, and I kind of just didn’t enjoy writing it.
• Finish the first draft of my dystopian novel.
I did! Then, I wrote the second and third drafts. I feel like I got really far with this book this year!
• Write at least 1,000 words a day.
No, not really. Some months I wrote more, and other months I barely got any writing done.
~ Reading-related ~
• Read at least
60 52 books.
Starting out the year, I was aiming to read 60 books. About halfway through the year, I changed it to 52 books because I realized 60 wasn’t going to happen. I ended up reading 55 books, so about in between.
• Finish the LOTR series.
Yes, I finished the series this past fall. I loved it, and I don’t know why it took me so long to read it.
~ Running-related ~
• Enter another race.
I did! I entered a race in our local fair, and finished first for the females in my age group, although I was the only one, lol. It was a lot of fun, though!
• Run at least 200 miles.
I ran about 186, so I was soo close!
~ Life-related ~
• Start waking up earlier.
This has changed throughout the months, but overall, I guess I completed the goal.
• Make a better schedule.
Like with the previous goal, it’s changed throughout the year. I think that this is something I still have to work on this coming year.
• Write in my journal every day.
Nope. I didn’t do that a lot, definitely not every day.
Goals for 2023
- Finish my new book’s first draft.
- Improve my schedule.
- Get 300 followers on Books and Hooks.
- Read one classic a month.
- Read one spiritual book a month.
- Read at least four books a month.
- Improve with piano.
- Continue my Duolingo streak throughout the whole year.
- Do a gratitude jar every day.
- Run 223 miles (at least).
- I posted 74 posts on this blog and wrote 44.5K words overall.
- Some of my favorite posts I wrote were Organizing my Yarn/Crochet Shelf, The Music Loving Writer’s Tag (Original), My Favorite Book to Movie Adaptions, How to Start Crocheting: A Collab With BetsyJane, and The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys: Book Review.
- I plan to post consistently.
- I will continue sharing the same types of content I’ve been sharing, although I will probably be doing more crochet-related posts, and book reviews as well.
- I want to reach 300 followers, which may be a bit ambitious, but I guess we’ll see!
- I will try to post once a week, although breaks will be taken.
That’s all for today! How was your 2022? Did you hit your goals? What are some of your goals and plans for 2023? I’d love to chat in the comments! Also, be sure to comment and ask me some questions on my latest post, and I will answer them soon! I hope everyone has a blessed week, and I’ll be back with the Q&A in a few days! Bye for now!