Hello and welcome back! I’m glad you’re here! ❤
Today, I’ll be doing the “Reader’s Problem Book Tag” which I saw on Rab’s Bookish Planet a little while ago. I thought it would be fun, so let’s do it!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I am really a mood reader, so I usually just read what I feel like reading at the moment. So, I’ll just pick up a book in the genre I feel like reading!
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I usually try to finish it. I don’t know why, but I don’t like to DNF books! Sometimes, if I’m not liking the book, I’ll take a short break, maybe read a different book, then come back to it.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I don’t have Goodreads, but I do set a yearly reading goal for myself. Last year, I had no problem hitting that goal. (I planned to read 52 books, and I almost doubled that number.) I am a little behind right now, I think, because my goal is 60 books and I’ve only read about 41 books. I don’t know what I’d do…maybe just try to catch up.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Aaah! This annoys me so much! There’s not really much I can do about it, though, except to rant about it, lol.
5. Everyone loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I think that everybody has a different taste in books, and different opinions. I like to share my thoughts on books with different people, but I like to listen to their thoughts about why they love the books I don’t like, as well.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
This has never happened to me, but if it did, I’d probably stop reading, and just wait until I get home to finish it so I can cry.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I like to re-read the other books in a series before a new book comes out! But, if I don’t feel like reading the whole book, I’ll probably try to find a summary of the book.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Nobody has ever really asked me to borrow a book, but I’d probably just tell them that I didn’t feel comfortable with them taking my book.
9. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Maybe just take a reading break. Sometimes, that helps when I’m in a reading slump. Re-reading one of my favorite books usually helps, as well.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I don’t buy a lot of books, mostly because I don’t have a lot of money. If I did, I’d definitely buy more, but I’m also fine with borrowing books from the library.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
If it’s a book I really want to read, I usually try to get to it fairly quickly! I’ll probably finish the book I’m currently reading, then start that book if I’m in the mood for it.
Thank you all for reading! Do you like reading? How would you have answered the questions? I’d love to chat in the comments!
I hope everybody has a good weekend! Bye for now!