Hey! How is everyone’s week going? I’m here today with a short recap of October! I hope you enjoy it! 😊
Books I read
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien. I’ve been working on this series for a while (since last fall, actually) and I’ve finally finished it. It’s an amazing series, and I’d definitely recommend reading it. It is a bit long and hard to get through, but I still think that it’s worth reading. I love it!
Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer. This book was very good! I think that it was very sad (I did cry many times). I feel like it doesn’t have much of a story, though. I think that it’s more about the characters: their grief and feelings, but I didn’t really mind that. I’d give it a 4/5 stars! Would y’all like a full book review?
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. I was assigned to read this for my school. It was a bit difficult to get through, considering the old way it was written, but I think that the story was pretty interesting. I gave it 4/5 stars!
This month, I made a whole lot of pumpkins, and fall decor! I also bought some yellow and brown yarn, and I’m working on designing a crochet sunflower keychain pattern to post on this blog! I’m also starting on some Christmas gifts for family! 😁
Blog Posts on “Books and Hooks”
Reviewing October’s Goals
Write a total of 30,000 words Nope. I didn’t get a lot of writing done this month. I worked a bit on my dystopian book, but not a lot.
Start practicing piano again I did a little bit, but not as much as I would have liked.
Finish The Return of the King book Yep! It was amazing, and I loved it!
Find a running plan, and start it I found one and started it, but I didn’t like it a lot, so I stopped using it. Then, I tried making one of my own, but I never really started it. I’m going to try to get back to running jin November!
Try out a new recipe I checked this one off, but I don’t remember what I made…
Goals for November
Finish the second draft of my dystopian book. (Write 2,000 words a day.)
Run 10 miles.
Go on a walk every day.
Re-decorate the walls around my bed.
Start getting up early and make a schedule.
Less screen time.
Drink more water.
Plan and schedule posts for the month in advance.
Try out a new bread recipe each week.
Photos from my month
What happened in October?
- I feel like October was quite a busy month!
- We had a few different things at our church, including a church picnic which was really fun, and some things with my youth group.
- I got to go on a train! This was my first time riding on an actual train, and it was so fun. I felt like I was living in the olden days! Plus, it was a very scenic route, and very pretty with all of the leaves changing color.
- My family and I went to the lake a few times, and we went camping. I had a lot of fun!
- I caught my first fish when we went camping! I’ve always thought fishing was boring, but I think that if I can have a good book while I’m doing it, it’s actually quite fun! With lots of my brother’s help (thanks!) I caught two small fish.
- I went to a fun trick-or-treating thing with my siblings and some of our friends. It was fun, except that (for some reason) I chose to wear heels with my outfit, and my feet hurt quite a bit while walking around.
- For Halloween, I dressed up as a person from the 1950’s with my sister! I didn’t really get any photos, though.
- Taylor Swifts new album, Midnights, came out. I’m liking a lot of the songs so far!
- I reached 150 followers! Thank you so much, guys! This is a really big milestone, and I never thought I’d come this far! ❤
Thank you so much for reading! How did your October go? What are some of your plans for November? I’d love to chat with you in the comments! I hope that everyone has a good rest of the week! I’ll be back on Thursday with a new post. Bye for now!