Hello, hello, hello! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend! I definitely did: I visited some relatives, and it was really fun!
Today, I’m posting a monthly wrap-up for May! 💕
I barely got any reading done this month!
A Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir was the first one I read. I already read it in 2020, when it came out, so I thought it was definitely time for a re-read, because I was going through the series again. My sister and I listened to it together, and it was just as sad as I remembered it being! 😭 If any of y’all have read this book, you probably know what I’m talking about! 💔 Of course, it’s 5/5 stars!!
Walden by Henry David Thoreau was the other book I read this month. It was an autobiography I had to read for my English autobiography class, and I really didn’t like it. A lot of Thoreau’s arguments don’t make sense, and there were a lot of really boring descriptions. I like some of the themes and ideas, such as the fact that we should simplify our lives a little bit, but not so much so that we’re living in casket sized boxes (something that he suggested in his book.) I wrote a few essays about it on my school blog. I only gave it one star, because of these reasons. Have you ever read it? Would you agree with me?
In June, I want to try to read Kasie West’s newest release, Places We’ve Never Been because it looks really cute and summery! I also want to read one that she wrote a little while that I haven’t gotten to yet, Sunkissed.
This month, I planned to just write my contemporary book, which I did, and get to 60,000 words, which I didn’t. I’m at about 40,000 words. When I finish the first draft, would you guys like to see a week long series about the book? Like, one day maybe I’ll talk about the plot, then I’ll share an aesthetic, and some quotes? Let me know if you’d like to see something like that! 🙂
I finished a few projects this month including a top and a skirt! I also did a few smaller projects, like washcloths! I did get sooo close to running out of yarn (actually running out!!!) but I got some more, thank goodness, lol! 😌
I followed my 10k training plan pretty good at the beginning, but during the last half of the month, I didn’t follow it as well, partly because we had family visiting, and I wanted to spend some time with them. This month, I’m really going to try to stick to it!
I didn’t really stick to my posting schedule this month, which I’m going to try to do better with in June!
Five YA Book Cliches (Part Two!)
One Week Until the Deadline: Photography Contest!!
Photography Contest: Winners!!!
Reviewing my goals for May
- Post every Monday I didn’t post quite every Monday, but I did post pretty regularly.
- Do a book review I did not get around to doing this, because I didn’t really read any new books. I’m going to try to do a book review in June!
- Follow my 10k running plan Like I said earlier, I followed it for a while, but for the past couple weeks, I haven’t really been following it, just running for how long I felt for.
- Focus on writing the contemporary novel I did! I think that I only wrote this one, which really helped me get more into the story than writing all of the different books that I’m working on!
- Finish reading “The Return of the King” I did not. I’m only on chapter 2 or 3. I don’t know why I’m having so much trouble reading this series. I like them, but I feel like they are books that you kind of have to take slowly to process everything, especially because of the old way they’re written.
- Get to 60,000 words in the first draft of my contemporary novel I did not. I’m only at about 40,000 words
- Read a Kasie West book
- Follow the 10k training plan
- Run 20 miles (at least)
- This might be too ambitious, but I want to finish my contemporary novel
- Post once a week
- Read five books
- Make a summer bucket list
Pictures from May
Here are a few pics I took in May!
May was a pretty amazing month! There were some great things that happened! ☺
- “Stranger Things” season four came out!!! I love this tv show, and I love the season so far!! The final two episodes of the season are coming out on July first, so I am excited for those, too!! I’m going to be posting a review soon!
- We had some family visiting, which was fun!!
- Soccer has ended for the season. While I’m kind of sad that it’s done, I’m also kind of relieved because it takes up so much time. I think that taking a little break is good. It was definitely an amazing season, though!!
- I finished my Algebra 2 math book, and now I’m on to geometry, which I actually kind of enjoy
- I started a new blog called “A Catholic Girl’s Musings“. If you want to, please check it out! I’ll be posting things about my Catholic faith, my beliefs, and I’ll also share recommendations for good Catholic books, movies, music, etc.
May was a pretty good month for me! ❤ I had some visiting with family, which was super fun, and Stranger Things 4, which is my absolute favorite show, was amazing. I’m going to post a review for it on this blog sometime soon!
How was your May? Did anything important happen this month? I’d love to chat in the comments!
Thank you all for reading! I hope you all have a great week, and I’ll see you next week!
3 thoughts on “Monthly Wrap-Up: May 2022”
Ahhh I really really want to reread the ember series, it’s just so good!!! I’m so glad you enjoyed your reread, looking forward to getting to it soon!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s definitely on the list of my favorite series!! The ending, though. 😭💔 I love rereading it my favs, though.
Pingback: Monthly Wrap-Up: June 2022 – Books and Hooks